Corfu Painting Holiday - May 2018
Corfu, an island set apart from the rest of the world, where the richness and intrigue of history meets a graciousness, serenity and mystique which is unparalleled. Corfiots exude an irrepressible vibrance and sense of pride, but locals are equally generous spirited and will welcome visitors to their culture and community with open arms.
Internationally acclaimed artist Warren Curry’s unique and memorable Corfu Discovery Tour has recently come to fruition for the 18th year. Another exhilarated coterie of artists has returned home or travelled on, buoyed by artistic endeavours set in unique, pristine locations not encountered by other tourists to this island paradise.
Warren spends part of each year and paints in his studio in Port Albert Victoria where he has his home and Australian Gallery. He also has a home and studio in the character filled village of Pelekas, Corfu where he pursues his Art for the rest of each year. This means that Warren is able to facilitate a tour which is highly personalised, with the advantage of access to locations, events and local knowledge that the standard tourist will not become acquainted with.
This one of a kind Tour is not confined to artists alone, but is patronised by non-artists alike who might be tempted to dabble in this art form, but are just as likely to find their own pleasure in wandering and experiencing the serenity of the harbours, the spectacle of the rugged cliff faces or perhaps relax in a taverna, but will doubtlessly be guaranteed to experience the hospitality of the local villagers.
Reflections of previous Discovery Tours.
Accommodation in Corfu
Warren stays with his Tour group at the idyllic Levant Hotel which perches on the summit of Pelekas Hill with 360 degree views of the Ionian Sea. Each evening Tour companions relax together within the stylish dining room, or outside on the adjoining Sunset Terrace and are treated to a superb, never ending dinner. Perhaps a pinnacle of the dinner experience is the breathtaking sunset over the Ionian Sea. Afterwards one might socialise, or retire to the spacious comfort of one's room. In the mornings the breakfasts are equally as sumptuous. For leisure between painting, perhaps a dip in the swimming pool, chat in the cafe bar, or maybe browse the internet as every hotel room has Wi-Fi
Levant Hotel - Location.
Artists and Non-Artists
As mentioned, Warren’s long and successful history of facilitating Corfu Discovery Tours has not only attracted keen artists looking to draw on his expertise and fine tuned, personalised tutelage for guidance, but has regularly included a varying proportion on non artists just for the magic of the Corfu experience. Greek dancing has become a component of the Tour agenda with the opportunity to perform in a local village dancing festival. This has been partaken with great gusto by tour members, enhancing even more the camaradery amongst the group.
The Tour group enjoys the convenience of its own bus which ferries the artists to their destination each day - villages, beaches, cruising, historic sites, leisurely lunches in enchanting tavernas, an evening in Corfu Town, Wonderful company and friendships made. This holiday is a once in a life time experience. Warren hosts a pre tour meet and greet at his home where Tour participants have an opportunity to spend time together and where he will discuss the particulars of equipment to bring along. The Tour group will also call into an excellent art shop in Corfu Town on the first day for any extras.
The 15 day Tour agenda includes some free days when artists might focus on their current artistic endeavours, rest, or pursue other interests. Warren will give advice regarding places of interest at these times.
One day cruise to the island of Paxos - cost approximately 40 euros per person. Most tour members take this cruise and have a wonderful time, adding to the breadth of their Greek experience.
A fascinating one day tour to Albania - cost approximately 60 euros person. This price includes your ferry cruise, bus tour and lunch. Each year a group head off on this trip and return that night bursting with stories of never to be forgotten sites seen and experiences had.
Price per person (excluding air fares) - 4,500 AUD
- Twin share accommodation at the Levant Hotel Pelekas (limited single supplement available).
- All meals- breakfast, picnic lunches, and evening dinner in the stylish dining room or on the magnificent Sunset Terrace.
- All group transport around the island for painting excursions and sightseeing.
- Painting tutelage, coaching and critique sessions by Warren Curry.
- Price does not include travel to and from Corfu, personal spending, beverages and tips.
Price per person (including air fares) - 7,200 AUD
- Economy class air travel from Melbourne/Sydney. (Flying with Emirates with connecting flight from Athens to Corfu with Aegean Airlines).
- Twin share accommodation at the Levant Hotel Pelekas ( limited single supplement available).
- All meals-breakfast, picnic lunches, and evening dinner in the stylish dining room or on the magnificent Sunset Terrace.
- All group transport around the island for painting excursion and sightseeing.
- Painting tutelage, coaching and critique sessions by Warren Curry.
- All transfers including departure taxes at Melbourne, Sydney, Athens.
- Price does not include personal spending, beverages or tips.
Flying from Australia Wednesday 9th May 2017 - Holiday begins in Corfu 10th May - Return flight departs Friday 25th May.
You are required to lodge a $500 (Australian dollars) deposit with the travel agent to confirm your place on the tour, with the balance of monies due 90 days prior to departure. Parthenon Travel can assist with travel insurance.
Your passport must be current and should not expire within three months of travel.
To book your Corfu Painting Holiday
Email Warren Curry for further information and your booking form or write to
Warren Curry, Curry Studios Pty Ltd.
69 Tarraville Rd Port Albert, Victoria 3971, Australia
Phone/fax +61 3 5183 2588
Mary Laras at Parthenon Travel
201 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne 3000.
Phone: +61 3 9639 0106
- "Your teaching and encouragement to a total novice was much appreciated and my arty children were amazed that you had taught me so much in such a small time frame. I think they were
stunned that they knew what my sketches etc were as they both know I have never attempted to paint or draw anything in my life until your tour - also it was all done in an such a beautiful place."
Suzee Edwards, Vic, Australia.
- "We thoroughly enjoyed our tour with Warren, very relaxing and impressive scenery and fantastic day trips. Also Warren was the perfect host seeing to all our needs and making sure everything was perfect. Must not forget all the variety of great food. We loved our hotel with it peacefulness and impressive views were very relaxing. Our painting days were very enjoyable and rewarding, just being able to absorb the stunning surrounds and learning new techniques of art by a very talented artist. We can say if anyone is looking for the perfect holiday, painter or non painter, Corfu is it. Thank you Warren."
Robin and Anne Albert, Vic, Australia.
- "Artists are wonderful traveling companions. Interested in life, colour and light. That's what Warren Curry's Corfu Discovery Tour was all about, as a group of us explored and painted our way around the island. Warren planned out a fortnight of relaxing days and delicious evenings. Staying at the family owned Levant Hotel, with views across the island, the sea and Greece mainland, was a delight to wake up to every morning. Warren also coaxed the artist out of us. Neil returned confident in his photography with a sense of composition, and I revealed my deeply held secret and discovered that I could paint with water-colours. Warren is a well-organized, caring and funny tour leader, and an excellent teacher. I've been recommending this tour to everyone who wants to stay off the tourist beat, is fascinated by Greek history, has a penchant for painting or photography, and enjoys good food, wine and company."